That’s a wrap on classes for 2017! Thanks to all our athletes, members, volunteers and supporters who helped to make 2017 another great year for the Youth Club. Some of the year’s highlights are listed below;
- For the first time, a dedicated Tumbling Class was added to the Timetable.
- In April, 16 athletes, coaches and representatives had the honour of representing the Youth Club in the annual Sydney City ANZAC Day March as Australian flag bearers.
- Three of our four competitors at the Trampoline Age State Championships were selected to attend the 2017 Australian National Gymnastics Championships held in Melbourne in May. A special congratulations to Tully A. who was awarded 2nd place in U11 Men Tumbling and Jared B. who was awarded 2nd place in 17+ Men Double Mini.
- During the year, we had several Trampoline athletes attend the Grand Prix competition series for Levels athletes. At the conclusion of the series, Katherine C. was awarded Level 4 Women overall champion.
- In July, seven Karate athletes attended the K.I. NSW State Championships. Congratulations to gold medalists Liam B., Jack G., Nicholas G., Ethan I., and Lucas V.
- Also in July, the club purchased a brand new 20m tumbling air floor to further advance our tumbling program.
- Six Trampoline athletes attended the Spring State Championships. Congratulations to:
- Olivia T. (4th Level 3 Tumbling)
- Tully A. (2nd Level 4 Double Mini & 4th Level 4 Trampoline)
- Anastasia G. (3rd Level 5 Double Mini & 6th Level 5 Trampoline)
- In September, Nicholas G. achieved his Second Degree Black Belt (Nidan) during the Shotokan Karate International Australia National Seminar. Earlier in the year, Nicholas also achieved a 3rd place at the Australian Karate Federation Nationals. Congratulations Nicholas!
- The Sydney East Region Trampoline Team, led by Mr Bull, had another successful year at the Combined High Schools Championships. Congratulations to Ronan S. (Multi Class Men), Luke W. (13yr Men) and Stephanie R. (Multi Class Women) who placed first overall in their respective age groups.
- A total of four Karate athletes attended the S.K.I.A. National Championships. Congratulations to our gold medalists Nigel G. and Lucas V.
- In October, Leanne was selected to judge at the New Zealand Trampoline Championships and Trans-Tasman Championships as a member of the official Australian delegation. A huge congratulations to Leanne for this prestigious selection!
- On the 5th of November, representatives of the Youth Club and of Miranda RSL Sub Branch attended the 2017 Remembrance Day Ceremony at Oatley Sub Branch.
- We finished the year off with Display Day, our annual athlete showcase and presentation day. We once again had a fantastic turnout and it was great to see so many members and spectators come out to support the Youth Club and it’s activities.
Thanks for another great year, we look forward to seeing you back next year. Regular classes start back on Tuesday the 30th of January, 2018.